Thursday, December 5, 2013

Day 2 of under $250 a month

Today's meals and costs..
Breakfast:
Strawberry and cream oatmeal .75
Water

Lunch:
Sandwiches of pb and apple butter
(I used up some older buns) 1.50
Homemade yogurt 1.00
Homemade applesauce .50
Water and sweet tea

Dinner:
Homemade Korean Beef with brown rice 2.00
(I was given the 1 lb of caribou for letting a friend
borrow my meat grinder to cut up their meat) the cost was for the 3
cups of rice, Coconut aminos, sugar, onion and spices. I found the recipe on
Pinterest.
Green peas 1.00
(I used whole dried peas that were soaked overnight then pressure cooked for
5 min. I bought a 25# bag and use it also to make pea sprouts for
sandwiches and salads.)
Hot Chocolate with eggnog .50
(I use a pre-mixed non hydrogenated oil hot chocolate mix and I found some
eggnog on sale for 1.00 at the grocery store, I did not use all of it only
about a cup and only a heaping Tablespoon per glass of mix)


Dessert:
Yesterday's leftover apple pie egg rolls with vanilla ice cream
2.00


Total cost: $9.25 for 3 meals and dessert for a family of 6

No comments:

Post a Comment